Welcome to Ancient Biblical Oils
DMSO (Dimethyl Sulfoxide) 200ml
200ml 99.9% pure DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide) pharmaceutical grade.
DMSO 99.9% is an organic solvent. It is a natural substance derived from wood pulp within the paper making industry. It is sold as a solvent. DMSO is most commonly known for it’s unique ability to penetrate the skin and go directly in to the blood stream, making it an effective transdermal. DMSO is an amazing substance that has many uses throughout the world in various industries.
Can be diluted down to various concentrations and used for various applications in the industrial, pharmaceutical and veterinary industry
- Used for Sciatica
- Nerve pain
- Joint Pain
- Muscular pain
Test for skin irritation
As always, check with your medical professional first! Dimethyl sulfoxide can irritate the skin, so before the first application, test a small amount on a small area on your arm. I have sensitive skin and the 90 percent solution burns a bit, but it’s no big deal. The burning goes away in a few minutes.First clean your hands and a small area on your arm then apply it to the cleaned area on your arm to test your sensitivity. If you are super sensitive, then it may not be for you.
You might think that there would be dangers of DMSO, but it is remarkably safe. Dimethyl sulfoxide does have two potential side effects:
1. Your breath and body may smell–some say like garlic; some say like clams; I say like creamed corn. This can be a significant annoyance. It goes away, of course, when you stop using it.
2. You may have an allergic reaction at the point where you apply it. If you have an allergic reaction, such as swelling, redness or inflammation, see your doctor right away. This is extremely rare, with about the same occurrence as reactions to other common substances, like aspirin, for example.
Dimethyl sulfoxide has been widely used for over 30 years, and a number of human studies have been done. At the time of the writing of this report, there are no studies indicating that it is toxic during short-term use with the recommended amounts.
After two human studies done on human volunteers in prison, Dr. Richard Brobyn stated: “A very extensive study of DMSO was conducted at three to 30 times the usual treatment dosage in humans for three months. DMSO appears to be a very safe drug for human administration, and, in particular, the lens changes that occur in certain mammalian species do not occur in man under this very high, prolonged treatment regimen. I am very glad to be able to present these data at this time, so that we can permanently dispel the myth that DMSO is in any way a toxic or dangerous drug.”
SEE YOUR DOCTOR! If you have a condition for which you are considering DMSO, see your doctor first. If you have that much pain, your doctor should take a look at it, and even if you don’t have pain, you should check with your doctor first. Plus, dimethyl sulfoxide may affect how your body uses other drugs you are taking, so be sure to let your doctor know what medications you are on.
Don’t use it if you are pregnant.
If you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant, or are breast feeding, don’t use it. Although the research is scanty, there may be a risk to the fetus or infant. If you’re on birth control pills and not trying to get pregnant, this caution does not apply. But, if studies show that small amounts of caffeine or alcohol may cause birth defects, even low-risk dimethyl sulfoxide may also have an effect. Why take a chance?
Interactions with other drugs
DMSO may increase the effects of drinking alcohol and may increase the effects of other drugs, including those that make you less than normally alert. Check with your doctor and be careful driving or doing other things that require full alertness.
While it can help a wound heal faster and decrease scar formation, it should not be used on wounds that are infected.
Don’t use it for poison ivy or poison oak or for insect bites, since it may spread the substance that is causing your discomfort.
Don’t store it in proximity with toxic substances. Stay away from toxic substances during and after application of DMSO (for 3 hours afterward, to be absolutely safe). And if you accidentally spill a toxic substance on yourself after using DMSO, don’t panic; just wash it off right away with soap and water.
Take a good multivitamin/mineral supplement to neutralize the free radicals released by DMSO in the healing process. It should contain vitamins A, C, E, B1, B6, zinc and selenium.
Always notify your physician immediately should you have any symptoms of allergic reaction. These would include shortness of breath or trouble breathing, swelling of the face, itching, rash or hives.
- As always, check with your medical professional first!
- Applying DMSO
Clean your hands and the area to be treated – You should always clean the area to which you plan to apply it, just in case there is some harmful substance on your skin with a molecule small enough to go through with this solvent. Note that only those substances that could penetrate by themselves if left on the skin long enough can be transported through (more quickly) by dimethyl sulfoxide. Bacteria and viruses are too large and thus are not able to pass through, and bacteria cannot grow in dimethyl sulfoxide of 25 percent strength or more.
- Test for skin irritation – Dimethyl sulfoxide can irritate the skin, so before the first application, test a small amount on a small area on your arm. I have sensitive skin and the 90 percent solution burns a bit, but it’s no big deal. The burning goes away in a few minutes. Apply it to a small area on your arm to test your sensitivity. If you are super sensitive, then it may not be for you. Apply it directly to your skin with your hands. If you prefer not to use your hands, you can use a cotton ball or a paint brush. If you are using liquid dimethyl sulfoxide. Dabbing the DMSO onto your skin may reduce irritation. However, rubbing it in may help it to work quicker and make the effects last longer. You might want to experiment with the amount you use to see how it affects your pain. By experimenting, you’ll find the minimum amount that eases the pain. Allow it to dry for about 20 minutes, then you can wipe off any excess. If you are using cream or gel, be sure it has soaked in and that your skin is dry before you put on your clothes. Remember, dimethyl sulfoxide can dissolve other substances. So far, the only fabric I’ve had a problem with is with acetate, which will quickly melt into a hard glob.
- Most of the DMSO will penetrate within 15 to 20 minutes and the pores of the skin may be open for another half hour or so. Just to be safe, it is recommended that you avoid contact with all toxic substances for three hours after application.
- There is no need to worry unduly about DMSO’s ability to open the pores and penetrate the skin. Other products on the market also go through the skin, such a patches for nicotine and sea sickness medication, and creams/lotions that deliver such things as MSM or capsacin for arthritis through the skin. With any of these products, you should avoid exposure to toxic substances after you have applied the cream or just after you have removed the patch.
- In applying the dimethyl sulfoxide, apply it to an area larger than where the pain is. If your knee is painful, it is recommended that you apply it to six inches above and below your knee, all around the circumference of your knee. If your hand hurts, apply it all the way to the middle of your forearm, and so on.
- How often should I use it?
As always, check with your medical professional first! Frequency of use depends on whether your problem is acute (something that happens, gets fixed, and does not come back, like a sprained ankle) or whether it is chronic (ongoing, long-term pain, as with arthritis).
- Acute conditions: For acute conditions, my sources recommend that you apply it every two hours for six to eight hours immediately after the injury occurs. Following that, for the next five days or more, apply DMSO every four to six hours. Most of the benefit will come in the first three weeks.
- Chronic conditions: For chronic conditions, DMSO takes longer to take effect. Although you may notice some easing of pain right away, it may take six to eight weeks, or even six months to a year in some cases, for the maximum benefit to be achieved. It depends on the person and the condition. One application a day is recommended
Free online assessment form click the link below: Health, Wellness & Healing is all about balance, from this form we will be able to understand what products and protocols your body may need to get back into balance.